One Week

 

Baby Beau-

  You have been apart of our lives for a week now and you have completely captivated our hearts!  I stare at you now as you are in your swing and I can't believe you are mine.  I can't believe that a week and 1 day ago, you were in my belly and we were wondering who you would look like, what you would sound like, what kind of joy you would bring into our lives.  Now that you are here, my life has purpose as a mommy and I know your dad feels the same way.

  On the way home from the hospital last week, we were talking about how wonderful you are and your dad said, "I feel like my life has a whole new meaning now.  I need him to make me a better father, husband, and person, and he needs me in this life just as much." We are a family and we couldn't be happier!

  Some things that I have noticed about you in this first week:

  • I LOVE when you are "rooting" and looking for food.  It doesn't matter who is holding you, when you are hungry, you will start sucking! My favorite is when you land on my arm and just start sucking away.  Makes me chuckle every time!
  • The last few days you smile after almost every feeding.  I set you back for a second and stare at you waiting for that big grin... and it usually comes... and it always melts my heart. 
  • You are the biggest cuddle bug! This makes it difficult at night when you only want to be held in order to sleep.  We are working on that and the last two nights you have slept in your crib for an uninterrupted 3-4 hours of sleep! Good work Beau- We will keep taking one day at a time!
  • You are such a good eater! From the moment you came into this world, you have had an appetite! This has made things easier for your momma because I haven't had to fight you on it! 
  • You have the biggest hands and feet- Grammie Claire keeps saying that's how Craig's hands and feet were so we might have another tall boy in our family! It is so exciting to think of how you will look as you grow up, etc.  I feel so blessed to be able to witness it all!
  • That head of hair of yours makes everyone "swoon"! That is the first thing that everyone notices and I take lots of pride in your little cap of hair!  I can't get over the hair myself and I love how sometimes it makes you look like you are 10 years old!  
  • You made labor and delivery so easy for me, and you have made the recovery process great as well.  I am tired and sore sometimes, but I feel very blessed for having such an easy time with the recovery.  Thanks little buddy!
  • You are a great errand companion! I have taken you out several times since we got home last week and you just sit in your car seat content with life.  (That is usually after a fight to get you in your carseat... you aren't too fond of that whole "buckling up" process). I can't wait for all of our mommy/son adventures that will come over the years! 
  • Your daddy loves you so very much.  From the moment you entered this world, he can't get enough of you.  He is a natural father and it melts my heart to see him "hang out" with you.  I know the two of you will be best buddies forever- he is already planning the hunting and fishing trips that he will take with you.  Your childhood will be one of adventure with your dad by your side. 
  • You are so loved by all of your family members! It has been so neat to see all your little cousins stare in amazement at your little body!  They love taking their turns in holding you, and your little cousin Kaden loves pointing out your little hands, feet, nose, eyes, etc.  It never gets old for him and he gets such a kick out of how little you are!  At the splash pad yesterday he kept saying, "I See!" if his mom would move you out of his sight.  I know you will be loved by all your cousins throughout your life and I can't wait to see that friendship grow. 
I know if I sit here long enough, I could write a novel of all the things we love or have noticed in this first week.   The one thing I do want to leave with is how much I love your eyes.  It is always so much fun to see you with your eyes open exploring the world, but there is something special deep inside of those eyes.  Yesterday I sat in our rocker about to feed you and we locked eyes for about 30 seconds.  I could feel your strong little spirit and the magnitude of what being your mother means came down on me all at once.  The tears started to stream and I still can't get that strong spiritual feeling out of my mind or heart.  I feel so blessed to have been given such a sweet spirit to take care of in this world.  I wonder where your spirit has been, who you can still see through the Veil, what you already know about your father and me.  The Plan of Salvation truly is amazing to me to think that you have had a whole spiritual life before this worldly life.  And that we will be able to be together forever after this life forever! It truly is amazing!  I can't get enough of your little eyes- they really are the window to your soul and I feel so grateful that I was able to get that little glimpse inside yesterday afternoon.  I promise I will never forget that feeling. 

Beau- I can't wait to see where this life will take us.  I can't wait to see where it will take you! I know that we will have many adventures and please know that you will always be loved.  We are so in love with you already and can't get enough of our little "bug". 

Love you to the moon and back!
Love 
Your mommy and daddy