Touch of God's Hand


I had to take a break from editing video so I immediately turned to the internet. Our home page is LDS.org and I have bypassed that page countless times as I head to less meaningful websites to waste time.  As my mouse hovered over my Facebook Bookmark, I saw a talk entitled, "Recognize, Remember, and Give Thanks". The prompting came and unlike so many other times, I decided to follow it and read the message. 

The talk was by President Henry B. Eyring and the message was all about giving thanks to God. He talks about how our prayers become mechanical and that we need to take the time to pause and give God the chance to help us remember the blessings he has given us. He also talks about writing in a journal to help us see all the blessings we have. 

This quote stuck out to me and has given me the idea that I want to start writing more (or as inspiration comes!) 
     "As you start to write, you could ask yourself, “How did God bless me and those I love today?” If you do that often enough and with faith, you will find yourself remembering blessings. And sometimes you will have gifts brought to your mind that you failed to notice during the day but that you will then know were a touch of God’s hand in your life."

I love that it says that we will have gifts brought to our mind that we might have not noticed but then we will realize that it was God blessing our lives! So simple. So profound. 

I really am grateful for all of my blessings. Even as I sit here and type this, a flood of blessings comes to my mind. I am grateful that I was able to cuddle with Beau this morning for 5 minutes before I left. I'm grateful that I have my mom that so diligently and willingly watches Beau while Andy and I are gone. I am grateful for a husband that works so hard and wants to help provide for his family. I am really grateful that Beau and I got to cuddle again tonight as he had his bottle and that we both fell asleep! It's the little things, right?!

If I had a quarter for every time I got on here and said, "I'm going to start writing now!" or "I want to document life for my kids!" and so on and so forth, I would be rich!  But I like an occasional reminder to do better and to be better- so that is what I am trying to do right now. 

xoxo
Elise






No comments:

Post a Comment