She Fell Into Our Laps...

Well guys.  The time has come. (Well about a month ago... actually, a month ago today to be exact).  But Andrew and I have become Dog people.  Yup! It's the truth! And we love it so much!
This is how it went down:
The week of November 10-19, Andy and I dog sat for my boss.  She has two little pugs and they were a lot of fun to look after.  My boss has them on a very strict schedule which includes 2 walks a day, treats for every occassion, and them sleeping right under the sheets with you!
Needless to say, after a week and a half, I was 100% not ready for a dog in my life!  It was just too much responsibility I guess! 
The night of the 20th we were out to dinner with Dave and Lara and we were talking about how dogs really are a time commitment and I flat out said I didn't want a dog for a couple more years!  After dinner we went over to their apartment to change to go the temple and as we were walking out to our cars, there was a girl there walking a little puppy.  A little Weimaraner to be exact...  Andy's dream dog to be exact... 
So Andrew strikes up a conversation and we come to find out that she is selling these little puppies for about $250 a pop.  So Andy said goodbye and just slowly walked away with his head hung low.  I told him he should at least go get the girls number and that we could think about it- That was all he needed to hear because before I finished my sentence, he had already ran after the girl!  (Come to find out, the girl was leaving for Montana the next morning so she needed to sell them that night... That placed a little bit more urgency on our deciding.)
Well, I didn't care either way (which is surprising because 45 minutes before I was pretty darn sure I didn't want one.  But I also knew that Andy has wanted that dog all of his life, so I think that's what helped soften my heart!) We went to the temple and had a great time and then afterwards we were walking out and we decided we were going to go through with becoming Dog People. 
We called the girl up, bargained a bit, drove down to some small little town close to Nephi, and picked up our cute little puppy! She was so scared the whole drive home and sat in Andy's lap and just shook all night long!
We spent the next day and a half trying to think of a name.  We wanted something to do with Alberta, Canada since that was where Andy and I met.  After a billion names thrown out there (like Wild Rose, Banff, Chinook, etc.(and clearly none of those would've worked!)) my mom finally texted me with the name of Albie.  We loved it, it fits her perfect, and it has stuck! And we are happy.

So here is to a long time ahead of us with our cute little pup!


1 comment: