country livin

well, I am sitting here about to fall asleep with my head propped up in my hands and thought I would change that by writing on our blog. It was a great Easter weekend with lots of friends and family but WAY too much chocolate! I am like my mom in the fact that I can't just eat one brownie- I have to eat all of them. So as of today, April 5th, 2010, I have gone off sugar for a time. I havn't decided the exact date that I might go back on it, but as for now: I am on a break! Wish me luck!
Just to give you a little insight into my life- I married a country boy! A full blown, wrangler wearing, duck huntin, fishing hole fishin country boy. And oh how that makes me happy! That was one of the things that attracted me to Andy at first- how he handled the four-wheeler up Providence Canyon, built fires (like a man... of course), cooked breakfast for 15 or so people after a night of camping, fixed broken things, and so much more.

(Here he is doing what he does best! Picking up the two new SQUEELING piggies!)

Yesterday was Easter Sunday and we decided to go for a four-wheeler ride around the country side of Logan. WE got bundled up and then he took me around, let me drive (I did a Xena Warrior Princess cry in honor of Born) and then he took me to one of his favorite spots. We pull up to this old barn and he tells me to park it. He took my hand and then led me down to where him and his cousins grew up fishing. I could tell that this was a very special place for Andy during his growing up years. We stood there and looked for fish and then we took a long walk down the river- the whole time Andy was teaching me about fishing, hunting, the outdoors and lots more. The reason I say all of this is because yesterday I got a look into the joy that my husband sees in all of this. It was though my eyes were open to his love and I grew to appreciate him that much more.
It's hard being apart so much of the week, but when we are together there is still so much bliss and things that we can discover about each other. Yesterday reminded me that even though we are married, we can still feel that excitement to discover new things about each other. We can always gain a new appreciation for each other, each day: we just need to open our eyes and see what the other has to share.
I think this says it for itself: Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment