Give up trying to be perfect...

Just posted this over on our Twigs and a Pearl blog and thought it was very applicable to my last post.  So I did a little copy and paste and Voila!  Now it's here for these parts of the internet to enjoy! 


I just found this online- I think I need to post it every where around me so I can constantly remember it's truths!

"Give up trying to be perfect. – Sometimes we try to show the world that we are flawless in hopes that we will be liked and accepted by everyone.  But we can’t please everyone, and we shouldn’t try.  The beauty of us lies in our vulnerability, our love, our complex emotions – our authentic imperfections.  When we embrace who we are and decide to be authentic, instead of perfect, we open ourselves up to real relationships, real happiness, and real success.  There is no need to put on a mask.  There is no need to pretend to be someone you’re not.  You are perfectly imperfect just the way you are." 
-marcandangel.com
http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/06/04/10-things-you-must-give-up-to-be-successful/

I am constantly trying to hide any flaws that I might have in hopes that people will like me and accept me! I CAN'T please everyone- I need to please myself first and then I won't care so much about what others think of me! 

When it comes to videography, I am the worst.  I expect my work to look like the "veterans" that have been around for 10 years.  When it doesn't, I feel like I'm not good enough and I almost don't give myself even the chance to prove that I can do it.  With work. Hard work nonetheless, but I can do it!

I am capable of so much more than I give myself credit for.  I know that! Duh Elise...  I know that if I don't keep going after my dreams of running my own successful videography company, then someone else will and I will be left in the blowing dirt of their heels! 

I just have to keep going.  Keep pushing forward.  I need to decide to be authentic to myself and love it.  Make mistakes and move on.  But most importantly I need to remember to find the joy in creation.  Create Because I Can.  

I stole this off Jasmine Star's blog- whom I love.  But this gets me excited to keep pursuing that dream that will take me into the future. 

Cheers. 
xo- Elise